Sunday, March 7, 2010

Back in the saddle?

First, a confession:

I've started a couple posts like this one since my last posted post, but they all devolved into apologies and justifications for not posting, and you know what? That is some boring crap to read. But, I want to start writing again, in a form somewhat longer than 140 characters, so here goes:

Not gonna apologize for not posting, and not gonna spend much time justifying it either, but guess what? I've really been pretty busy and involved with life since I last posted. A couple big things happened. In chronological order:

1) We got a new cat.

Fezzik

His name is Fezzik, after Andre the Giant's character in The Princess Bride. We named him this because he is a big sweetheart. Emphasis on the "big," by the way; he's a really large cat. Also, he sleeps like this:

Lounging


2) I finished all 100 drinks on Anvil's list.

Ice defraction

It was a good experience--I tried many things I probably never would have otherwise and both broadened and honed my tastes. Since I completed list I've become more adventurous and further developed my palate, but this was an excellent starting journey. I've read a few books now on the history of drinks and cocktails, and I've even started mixing some of my own.

Angel's Kiss

I really did mean to blog the whole 100, but I was too busy drinking 'em to stop and write about 'em. ;) Still, I've got a huge collection of drink photos, should anyone care to take a look.


3) I got married!

Anne & Andrew before the wedding

Yes, married life is grand. In fact, it's lot like my previous year of unmarried life, when I was living with the love of my life and working hard and having a good time. I got married because I loved my the life the way it was, and I'm so unbelievably happy that I get to keep having this life, with this person, for as long as I am alive.

Cupcake time!

The wedding was wonderful. I'll spare you the details, but it was full of light and color and swing dancing and cupcakes and family and friends and sincerity and love and joy. Just like weddings should be.

And it was not the best day of my life. I know that that day is yet to come.

The dress


...And THAT was all before the new year!

Expect a post from me soon about what I've been cooking recently. Until I find a way to get back to writing fiction, I plan to focus this blog on cooking and cocktails, with a helping of travel and significant changes in my life, which has really only just begun.

Cheers.

Wedding photos copyright 2009 Hawes Photography & Design

No comments: