Thursday, July 3, 2008

For those who are curious

I'm currently in the process of writing the longest piece of fiction I've written in ages. It's somewhere over 2,500 words right now, with a ways to go yet. I'm not exactly sure which way that is anymore, and I'm at the point where I'm going to have to start experimenting with plot lines. Taking this much time to write something is new-ish for me (as is the length); I usually know exactly where I'm going--or think I do, anyway, and if I get stuck, that often unfortunately the end. But I really like what I've written so far so I'm committed to seeing this one through.

I'm not writing quite every day; the current drabble project with Elizabeth is helping, though.

Anyway, just an update. I'm in Austin this weekend for some blues dancins. Have a good holiday, everyone!

No comments: