Tuesday, August 19, 2008

More food not fiction

I don't think this is going to turn into a full-time foodie blog, but I made some pretty photogenic dishes recently that I'd like to share.

First up, tonight I thought I'd try to recreate a pasta salad that I used to buy all the time from the cafeteria in the building where I work in Chicago:

I call it "Fiesta Pasta:" fresh tomatoes and cilantro, corn, black beans, and grated Asiago cheese, with a bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper. The kind I bought always penne pasta, but I had rigatoni, so there. It's really delicious, and but I made it for tomorrow...
must resist...

Last week, I made a spinach quiche, using a recipe from a friend at work. It was purty!

It was really full and puffed up a lot in the oven; this is after it had already started to fall:


Also, on Sunday night I decided to be decadent and roasted a whole head of garlic. We smeared it on toast and ate it with steak and green beans. Thai curry later this week--red curry with peanut butter, chicken, and bell pepper.

Well, now I'm hungry again. I think there is some Ben & Jerry's in the freezer...

No comments: