Monday, October 29, 2007

Drabble Twenty

Once upon a time, I used to post to this blog with decent regularity. Andrew's right; I have not posted anything in awhile. So here is something for you:

Cloudships

From our point of elevation, the water below took on the appearance of solidity and, at the same time, of translucence. The sunlight streaming through the clouds above, rather than glinting off the waves, dappled the surface of the water. As I looked out the window, it seemed that two cloudscapes met at the horizon.

A lone ship sailed through the midst of the illusionary clouds, an aerial voyager. I pondered this ship, its passengers and its destination.

As I watched, my own cloudship ascended, breaching the billowy white banks and obstructing my view of my traveling companions far below.

No comments: