Monday, July 9, 2007

"Is that a giant cucumber in your bag...

...or are you just happy to see me?"

Sometimes, it really is just a giant cucumber. A giant, homegrown cucumber left on the "free stuff" table in my office with a sign reading "Delicious cucumbers! Please take one!" So I did.


Anyway, I stopped by the bookstore on my way home to use a gift certificate I received a little while ago. I bought
God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. and The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. The former I have been planning to read for some time now. The latter I know very little about, except that it won the Pulitzer, the characters write comics, and the author is a personal friend of Neil Gaiman.

Speaking of Neil Gaiman, I am officially, for sure-taintly, going to the International Comic Con in San Diego. It was sort of up in the air...the getting into ComicCon, not the going to San Diego...but now it is for sure! So many exciting things to look forward to!

1 comment:

Moderator said...

That's uh, some cucumber you got there.