Thursday, July 19, 2007

What a fucking relief!

Sorry for the expletive, but there's been a victory! The House of Representatives voted, overwhelmingly, to protect public broadcasting by rejecting the President's plan to eliminate the federal subsidy for the Corporation for Public Broadcast.

Yay! Or as we say at Renaissance festivals, Huzzah!

I remember hearing something about this awhile ago, the threat of federal funding being cut from programs that really need it. It really warms to my heart to hear that 357-72 voted in favor of maintain support to an organization that protects public broadcasts from political influence. These days, goodness knows we need it.

I try to keep this blog from being political, but I am not afraid to state boldly my support for public broadcasting. Or my lack of support for the current administration, actually.

Ironically, NPR.org doesn't seem to have a story on this.

No comments: