Thursday, July 19, 2007

Linkage

Here are a couple of bizarre are funny things to check out:

Speaking of male pregnancy, this has to be the weirdest thing I've seen today: a parasitic fetus, this man's twin, lived inside him for 36 years: http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/Story?id=2346476&page=1. If you're squeamish I don't suggest reading the article, but the gist is that there are 90 recorded cases of this sort of thing, this fetus-in-fetus business, where one twin develops, deformed, inside of the other one and lives parasitically, sustaining itself through an umbilical cord-like thing. This guy didn't realize that was the problem for over 30 years.

I'm glad my twin and I are two separate individuals. Our relationship is not parasitic at all.

From boingboing.net: The Laws of Software Development

I especially like Clarke's First Law:
When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.
Also Conway's Law, Hofstadter's Law, and Augustine's Second Law of Socioscience.


By the way, the stock seems to have turned out well. I haven't decided what to use it for yet.

No comments: