Friday, July 13, 2007

"You're a linguist"

This is what J. P. declared when I told him I was learning a programming language. I don't know if "programming language" is quite accurate, but for those who are curious, I am learning CSS (Cascading Style Sheets). I need to be familiar with it for a long-term project at work, but since I began working for my school's networking and info-tech organization, mostly on websites, I've been interested in getting more into this kind of thing.

So, I've started reading a pretty awesome book (it has live tutorials and everything!) on CSS, and it's really interesting and fun. Blogger templates use a kind of stylesheet, by the way.

Anyway, I bring this up here because I want to make a change to the format of my blog. Mostly I think it looks nice as is, but I would like to experiment with the side margins, making them narrower so that the text column is wider and thus less scrolling is required to read each post. Unfortunately, even though I can recognize what things are in the template pretty well now, I don't see where I can control the overall margins.

I know this isn't the kind of writing I usually talk about here. Hooray for new and different!

No comments: