Thursday, August 16, 2007

Meh-hee-koh

Well, I just purchased plane tickets to Mexico. I'll be there for 2.5 months this coming winter for school. Woot. I'll probably be in Oaxaca...that's the plan, anyway, but the back up plan is for us to go to Puebla instead. I guess it's time for me to actually start doing research on these places/brush up on my espaƱol.

This will be my longest trip away from wherever-it-is-I-call-home-at-the-time, and I'm looking foward to that. I'm excited to see what daily life is like in a place that isn't here, and interested finding my own rhythm there. It's a homestay program; we live entirely with local familes, and I don't know what to think about that. It'll be different, for sure. I don't what the expectations will be like, and I'm worried about being judged, though I really shouldn't. Ah well, no way to know what it's like before I get there.

But, yep. Plane tickets to Oaxaca.

No comments: