Monday, September 24, 2007

On Art and Plato

I am glad that artists and poets continue to work in spite of what Plato says in The Republic because if everyone really followed his directions, we would all believe that the only way of being is to be stoic and absolutely rational, and then when we each failed at this, we would feel insurmountable shame. for a course titled Art and Morality. Today in class, we listened to the Eminem song "Kill You."

By the way, my classes have started again. I'm reading (re-reading) selections from The Republic

I will get a drabble or two up as soon as I've got an idea formulated, but this past weekend was filled with roadtrip, and I've currently got a lot on my mind, but in the exciting kind of way.


In the meantime, check out One Laptop Per Child.


No comments: